A truly special look at the mild and wild sides of the Dominican countryside. Buckled up in an air-conditioned 4×4 –with a fully stocked bar – you’ll zoom through jungles and villages, meeting friendly locals and endemic animals as well as taking a river swim. Shown around by a fun-loving driver-guide, this is an off-road adventure for all ages.
The emphasis is really on the people. You’ll meet Dominicans of all ages. After a good trek through the rainforests, we’ll visit a school in El Caño to meet the children. Then, it’s time to drop into a home and meet the family. The focus switches to the richness of nature with a tour of coffee and cocoa plantations, next. Moving on to a ranch, you’ll see native Lago Enriquillo crocodiles, iguanas and flamingos.
After an à la carte Dominican lunch, meet a family of coconut experts. They’ll show how oil is extracted and give you some refreshing coconut water. Finally, we’ll head the to the Anamuya River – locals love to cool off with a swim here and you will too. Take a refreshing dip in the water, or hop onto one of the inflatables and float downstream, cocktail in hand – bliss.
- Off-road trail in a custom-built 4×4 with minibar
- Visit a rural school and meet the students
- Drop into a country family’s home
- See endemic wildlife in a ranch
- Meet a family of coconut experts
- Anamuya River swim
- Eco-sustainable activity
- All inclusive
What is included:
What to bring:
Know before you go!
- Not suitable for guests with back problems or expectant mothers. Bring bathing gear and sunblock. The village of El Caño is sponsored so you get to see how you give back to the community just by being on the tour