There’s only one way to appreciate the sweeping valleys and dramatic landscape of the Dominican Republic’s tallest waterfall – and that’s from the air. Take a breathtaking helicopter flight over Salto Jalda National Park for an unforgettable holiday experience.
The adventure begins as you’re whisked from your hotel to the heliport. Climb aboard the chopper and get ready for takeoff. You’ll soon be soaring above remote farms, villages, and lush green rainforest towards the northern slopes of the Cordillera Oriental mountain range. Sweeping over the clifftops, your expert pilot will get closer than ever for you to admire the 272ft heights of Salto Jalda.
Then, descending through the jungle canopy, you’ll touch down at the secluded Playa Esmerelda beach. Spread out your towel here and soak up some sun on the white sand. And, after a light lunch, you’ve time for a dip in the Caribbean before the return flight serves up more grandstand views.
What is included:
What to bring:
Know before you go!
- This is an Eco-Tour with multiple unimproved, uneven and slippery areas
- Not suitable for expectant mothers or guests with reduced mobility
- There are no picnic tables, public areas or bathroom facilities within the park
- Passengers may be co-mingled with other passengers to fill the helicopter
- Private Helicopters are available for the purchase of one additional adult seat for $289 regardless of the size of the party
- Weight and weather limitations may apply
- Max. weight limit per seat – 300 lbs/136 kg
- Ground time at the Waterfall includes one hour minimum
- Additional hours can be purchased for $118 per person
- Return transport is partly using ground transport